Re: GIO support

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 17:04 +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
On 13.04.2010 22:26, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
â Create a Glib::Object::Introspection distribution providing the
introspection glue, and a separate Glib::IO distribution depending on
it. Upside: easy distribution, no disturbance on Glib. Are there
downsides to this approach?

Since separating out the two distributions still seemed to make sense to
me today, I went ahead:

   http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-Object-Introspection/
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-IO/

And since all of this is fairly experimental anyway, I decided to use
Dist::Zilla for Glib::IO.  To install it after you cloned it, use "dzil
install".  (Any eventual tarball uploaded to CPAN will use
ExtUtils::MakeMaker normally.)

this is *beautiful*.

thanks a lot, Torsten; this looks like the shape of things to come for a
lot of GObject-based Perl bindings. I know I'm going to change Clutter
to match this ASAP.

thanks!

ciao,
 Emmanuele.