Announce - First release of libchamplain's bindings

Hi,

I finally released to CPAN the first release of libchamplain's bindings (Download here http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Champlain). Libchamplain consists of a Clutter actor (a canvas) that supports numerous free map sources such as OpenStreetMap, OpenArialMap and Maps for free.

Even though I made an official release, I still have some troubles with the CPAN module and I seek some help. The C API defines the following function:
 ChamplainView* champlain_view_embed_get_view (ChamplainViewEmbed *embed);

For a reason beyond my comprehension I can't binding this particular function. At first, the compilation of the C generated code issues this warning:
 xs/Gtk2ChamplainViewEmbed.c: In function 'XS_Gtk2__Champlain__ViewEmbed_get_view':
 xs/Gtk2ChamplainViewEmbed.c:56: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast

And the unit tests fail with this error:
 undefined symbol: SvChamplainViewEmbed

It looks like if the Gtk2/Glib helper methods don't pickup ChamplainViewEmbed as a valid GType but I don't know how to fix this.

Another question, are the Perl bindings making a difference for functions that return "gchar *" instead of "const gchar *"? From my understading any function returning a "gchar *" should have the string freed by the invoker while a "const gchar *" should never be freed. Is the bindings code performing the free for me or should I do it?

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez