Re: Passing reference or binary data via drag&drop/clipboard?

Peter Daum <gator_ml yahoo de> writes:

is there any direct way to pass a reference via drag and drop?

Not directly I don't think.

My attempts always result in "stringified" data like HASH(0xabcd).

The data is bytes, words, or whatnot.  The TreeView does its "row" drag
with a C pointer to the TreeModel in bytes followed by the row coords as
a string.  Not sure it does anything with the reference counting (does
the source widget look after that maybe?).

Of course it can only work within a single running process.  I think
there's some flags to drag_dest_find_target (hiding in Gtk2::Widget) to
check the same app or same widget (Gtk2::TargetList).