Re: cancel gtk_main_quit and return to the main window

On Jan 23, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

muppet wrote:

show an empty gray window appears.

You have the return value's meaning backwards.

not quite sure ... I didn't post it but I use
use Glib qw{ TRUE FALSE };

I was thinking it means what it says

The Glib constants do, indeed, mean what they say. What i meant was that you were returning the wrong value from the delete-event signal handler. You were returning TRUE to mean "let this propagate and destroy the window", but a return of TRUE from the delete-event handler means "i handled this event, stop propagation."

Bareword "Gtk2::EVENT_STOP" not allowed while "strict subs" in use
at ./testing line 354.
Bareword "Gtk2::EVENT_PROPAGATE" not allowed while "strict subs" in use
at ./testing line 357.
Execution of ./testing aborted due to compilation errors.

Ooops, mea culpa. Those were added in r2086, which hasn't made it into a stable release yet. They're in unstable 1.210.

That doesn't really work with stuff created by glade.  Once you
destroy it, you must reload it from the xml file.  So, people
typically just hide their glade-created windows instead of destroying
them.

yeah already proved this :-), so what try next, I'm out of ideas.

Swap the TRUE and FALSE in your gtk_main_quit (and maybe call it something else, that's a misleading name ;-), and it should work as you want.

--
So this new album took us quite a while, to get it together, to find a title and things like that - and we were travelling quite a bit - we made a few sort of gestures in the East, and a few gestures in the West, and then we got thrown out because of our gestures - this is something that we decided was an apt title for a thing that's called 'The Song Remains The Same'.
  -- Robert Plant, rambling to introduce a song