Re: Hi - popup window vs top_level window

Hi.

As per official Gtk+ documentation, GTK_WINDOW_POPUP should be only
used when implementing popup menu from scratch. Read more here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-new

To alter your windows decoration, you can use gtk_window_set_type_hint
(http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-type-hint).