Re: Volunteers for wrapping new API?

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Aloha,
Ahoj,

the upcoming GNOME release 2.26 will use gtk+ 2.16 which provides new API
that we haven't wrapped in the bindings yet.  For some reason, I seem to be
unable to find the tuits to tackle this, so I'm asking you:  Are there
volunteers who are willing to help bind the new GTK+ API?

I can give it a try as the weekend is arriving and it's cold outside
;) I don't have the most recent version of GTK nor perl Gtk2. I'm
using the stock versions provided by Ubuntu 7.10, which is not even
the most recent Ubuntu! I have a few questions:

What's the URL for perl Gtk2 trunk?
What's the best way for installing the newest Gtk2 and all it's dependencies?
How to keep synchronized with the other kind souls that decided to help?
Where can I submit the patches for review (mailing list or RT)?

The new API is listed on
<http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.15/api-index-2-16.html>.  New signals
and properties are automatically handled, so we don't need to handle those.
 Only new functions.  For most functions, wrapping them consists of copying
the C prototype into the relevant *.xs file and writing a unit test for it
in the corresponding *.t file.  I'd be happy to help with the corner cases
not covered by this.

-Torsten