Re: custom cell renderer start_editing refcount

Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> writes:

The pre-2.10 branch would need to use GTK_OBJECT_FLOATING
and GTK_OBJECT_FLAGS, I think.

Maybe something like below.  I think it compiles, but does someone have
an old enough gtk setup to try the test program?

A unit test would be great.

Unit testing means it compiles doesn't it?  Integration testing is if it
links too. :)

Actually I don't know really how to programmatically make TreeView or
IconView start editing then stop editing, as normally done by mouse
clicks of course.  A forced focus change to stop editing might be ok, or
maybe running $entry->activate, but I don't have a good idea for a
realistic start editing.

What about the newSVGtkCellEditable macro?  Since a GtkCellEditable
interface requires GtkWidget I'd think maybe it should wrap the same as
other widgets, ie. it should be gtk2perl_new_gtkobject() instead of the
current gperl_new_object(...,FALSE), the difference of course being the
latter doesn't sink a floating ref.

Something like $renderer->start_editing from say an ordinary
Gtk2::CellRendererText comes back with a floating ref to be taken over.
I don't think there's any outright bug, since any viewer widget will add
it as a container child, sinking the ref at that point.  But leaving a
floating ref kicking around is not normal is it?

The most important thing when cooking with fish is freshness, so I
always make sure to use seafood extender within an hour of thawing it.