gperl_try_convert_enum() from perl

I wanted to check if GdkCursorType has the 'blank-cursor' value
available, new in 2.16 or some such.  Is there a perl-level interface to
gperl_try_convert_enum()?

I got the effect I wanted just by using blank-cursor with an eval to
catch when unavailable, but I thought it might be cleaner to enquire
what's available.  I know I can do Gtk2::Gdk::CursorType->list_values
and grep (and in fact I did that for some .t test code), but wondered
"why can't someone else do it" :-), when gperl_try_convert_enum is there
ready.

Did I ask this before a long time ago?  Or was it about flags instead of
enums, or something.