Re: Default background about Gtk2::Textview on different computer

On Apr 19, 2009, at 7:40 AM, åçå wrote:

I used a Gtk2::TextView widget in my GUI, but the default background of the textview is black on my workstation, i have used $wiget- >modify_base to change the color to white, but fails, the background still white. But when i use $widget->modify_text to change the text color, it success.

when i run the same programe on another computer, the default background of the textview is white, which is what i want.

the OS of the two computer are both SUN Solaris 10, my workstation is SPARC, another PC is X86. I wonderder why the same programe can have different background on two similar OS, is there default setting can affect the background? or what can i do the change the background to white on my workstation?

Do you have a stale gtkrc in your home directory? A stray setting in there, say from an old theme, could be changing the base color on you.

--
The stereo, playing the Beastie Boys' "Rhymin' and Stealin'": "I'll steal your girlie like I stole your bike!"

Elysse:  "You mean, take off the chain and ride away?"