pp packed Perl Gtk2 program closes at start

I have installed the Camelbox environement in a WinXP to create a standalone
exe of my perl app. The app uses

use Gtk2 -init;
use Gtk2::GladeXML;

for the gui. The perl program (multi.pl) runs fine started with perl. When
"compiled" with pp
I get a multi.exe. At execusion the window frame is shown briefly before the
program closes
by itself with no message.

PATH=C:\camelbox\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;

C:\msys\1.0\home\multi>perl -v

The strange thing is that I got the program to work before and then I did
some
small changes (not relevant to Gtk2 or the rest of the gui stuff). Then
after regen (pp)
I got a message that Cariro.dll was missing.

Then I found some info and added the following

-l C:/camelbox/site/lib/auto/Cairo/Cairo.dll
-l C:/camelbox/site/lib/auto/Glib/Glib.dll
-l C:/camelbox/site/lib/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.dll
-l C:/camelbox/lib/libCairoPerl.dll.a
-l C:/camelbox/lib/libGlibPerl.dll.a
-l C:/camelbox/lib/libGtk2Perl.dll.a
-M Gtk2
-M Glib
-M Cairo
# extra files needed by gtk2-perl
-a C:/camelbox/site/lib/Cairo/Install;lib/Cairo/Install
-a C:/camelbox/site/lib/Glib/Install;lib/Glib/Install
-a C:/camelbox/site/lib/Gtk2/Install;lib/Gtk2/Install

which removes the error message but yields a self-closing program....

What can I do???? Perl on win used to be tricky
but have for the last years been quite OK. I used to have
an older active state perl and could get perl-gtk2 to work
but now I restarted on a new computer and the more recent
active state perl seems to be incompatible (?) with Perl-Gtk2??
So I cleand out active state and installed Camelbox!

Please help!

/Bjorm