Re: buildable interface testers error

Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> writes:

I think this might happen if the installed gtk+ is not recent enough
to have GtkBuildable (it was introduced in gtk+ 2.12).  In this case,
Gtk2 doesn't compile the Gtk2::Buildable wrappers and doesn't provide
_ADD_INTERFACE either.

Ahh.

So I think you'll have to do some version checking with Gtk2->CHECK_VERSION.

Is there a direct way to ask if something is an implementable interface?
I guess Gtk2::Buildable->can('_ADD_INTERFACE'), but if that's supposed
to be used.

Or should the bindings behave differently in such a case?

The error message is fairly obscure.  But an error from
Glib::Object::Subclass is probably good.  For myself I'll want to
quietly drop Buildable when not available, but for other interfaces that
could be bad.