Re: Native Gtk2-Perl apps on Mac OS X

ofey aikon wrote:
The compilation error suggests that, despite cairo-ft.pc's presence, you
don't have the FreeType development stuff installed.  If you insist on not
installing it, simply removing cairo-ft.pc should also work.

I removed cairo-ft.pc and tried, but the error persists.

You need to re-run `perl Makefile.PL` and `make` for this to have any effect.

I also built freetype on my machine. Tried copying .pc files and .h
files into the /Library/Frameworks/FreeType.framework tree. None of
that seems to work.

The compilation command line you posted earlier suggests that the freetype headers are looked for in /usr/local/include/freetype2. The cairo-ft.pc file should contain more details.

-Torsten