Re: Native Gtk2-Perl apps on Mac OS X

My guess is this has something to do with freetype. Is that correct?
Is there a way I can compile Cairo without freetype?

Makefile.PL checks whether to compile FreeType support by using `pkg-config
--exists --silence-errors cairo-ft`.  Apparently, this works for you, so you
have the cairo-ft.pc file installed.  Makefile.PL then uses the equivalent
of `pkg-config --cflags --libs cairo-ft` to get the correct compiler and
linker flags.

The compilation error suggests that, despite cairo-ft.pc's presence, you
don't have the FreeType development stuff installed.  If you insist on not
installing it, simply removing cairo-ft.pc should also work.

I removed cairo-ft.pc and tried, but the error persists.

I also built freetype on my machine. Tried copying .pc files and .h
files into the /Library/Frameworks/FreeType.framework tree. None of
that seems to work.

I must admit that I am rather new to OS X dev environment. Any tip
will be awesome.

Also, the Extutils-* and GLib compiled without any problems. I am also
able to compile everything using X11. It's the without-X11 attempt
(using Imendio libraries) that fails.

_Ofey.