How to use cairo with gtk

Hi,
I try a new module VS::Chart which create chart using Cairo.
I want display the image as a Gtk widget without save the image
to disk. The problem is VS::Chart using Cairo::ImageSurface
to draw the chart, I can't find document for that.
Is it possible convert the Cairo::ImageSurface to Gtk2::Image?
I am especial appreciate if you can give some document
about the concepts in Gtk or Cairo, for example,
Gdk, graphic context, and so on. I'm not good at English,
so understanding these things is not easy for me.

--
Best Regards,
Ye Wenbin