Re: Gtk2::Image on win32 (Was Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf on win32)

On Mar 20, 2008, at 2:06 AM, T.J. Ferraro wrote:
Been kind of busy, but back on track now. Instead of reviving this via
Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf, I figured I'd try to get Gtk2::Image working
considering I know from compiling a C program the libraries are working on win32. (Whereas I could not get the Pixbuf stuff working in C on win32)

This is really starting to sound like a runtime path problem; perhaps gtk+ can't find its modules when run from your perl script? Can you run in a C debugger to try it?

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=671479).

That mentions some grief getting symbols resolved, and asks if the Makefile.PL shouldn't take care of that. Makefile.PL *does* take care of that, for the MSVC toolchain -- the find_extra_libs() subroutine at the bottom. It only looks for .lib files, though. We'll gladly accept patches to make this work with mingw, too.

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
  -- Simon Cozens