Re: Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf on win32

Sorry for the delay. It looks like I will have to file a report as after building a simple C program I'm getting a segfault calling gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file. I will get around to that some time this weekend along with testing the other more complex methods.

In the mean time, however, I also built another small C program. This one using gtk_image_new_from_file. Suffice it to say this works fine in C, but Gtk2::Image->new_from_file simply does not. It just shows the little page icon with a red X. Of course, the same script in linux runs fine. I can provide either the C code or the (very) simple perl script on request. I tried looking through the xs code...but it looks like there is very little translation for this function.

At this point I'm willing to settle for any way to display an image in gtk2 on windows, so, any suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks,
T.J.

Do other gtk+ programs work correctly with loading images on your machine?

At this point, if you have the ability, i'd say port your example code to C and verify that the C program still can't load the images.

If the C program can't load the images, that means that your gtk+ is broken somehow, and the bug report goes to gnome bugzilla.

If the C program can load the images, then something is wrong with your setup at runtime. Are the gdk-pixbuf loader modules being picked up correctly? (I don't know how to tell on windows; on linux i'd use strace.)

On further inspection of the gtk+ source, it looks like if there are no builtin loader modules, gdk-pixbuf will scan the loader config file to get the list spewed back by gdk_pixbuf_get_formats(); but this may not reflect whether the modules can actually be loaded. So there may be an issue with the loader module dlls not being in a path that you can find at runtime.

--
Diane, ten-oh-three, Great Northern Hotel.
Sheriff Truman and I have just been with the one-armed man, or what's left of him. In another time, another culture, he may have been a seer, or a shaman priest, but in our world, he's a shoe salesman, and lives among the shadows.