Re: non-blocking delay in dialog emulation subclass

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:13:11 +1000
"Matthew Braid" <ptkperl mdb id au> wrote:

my $txt = $dialogs->ask("Enter planet to destroy: ");
if (defined($txt)) {...}

I see I have a security leak about my plan?  :-)

More complex dialogs might have their own callback package as well -
this method allows you to have dialogs as complex as you want that
return exactly the data you want without having to fill your main code
with all the 'build the dialog' details.

Oh, and I used to use a jerry-rigged version of Tk's waitVariable for
custom dialogs as well, but the whole $dlg->run thing is much better.

MB

Thank you , Matthew and muppet, I've learned a big lesson and
this helps me take a nice step forward.

zentara

http://zentara.net/CandyGram_for_Mongo.html