Re: CPAN Testing

On 28/02/2008, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:
So if I understand you correctly, until
 Glib::MakeHelper::get_configure_requires_yaml hits a stable release,
 the best I can do is WriteMakefile with NO_META => 1, and write the
 META.yml manually with the appropriate configure_requires: entry?

I really shouldn't write anything until I let the coffee sink in.

Anyway - might I suggest

use ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.31;

as that was the first version with EXTRA_META support.

Either that, or a construct like:

my @extra = $ExtUtils::MakeMaker::VERSION > 6.30
? qw(EXTRA_META $configure_requires)
: ();

WriteMakefile(
[...]
    @extra,
);

LICENSE and AUTHOR also set fields in META.yaml - perhaps it might be
useful to fill them too, although you'll need the same sort of
construct for the LICENSE field for EU::MM < 6.031.

Regards

Jeff