Re: non-gui usage of Gtk2::MozEmbed

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:44 PM, zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:33:35 +0300
"Nickolay Platonov" <nickolay8 gmail com> wrote:

I'm trying to create a server-side rendering service for search-engines
spiders, which cannot execute javascript. And I need to somehow extract
innerHTML of the page (including html produced by JavaScript) in "non-gui"
way, in the web-application's controller.

Best regards, Nickolay

Usually the advice is to use WWW::Mechanize for this kind of stuff.

Maybe http://perlmonks.org?node_id=469979 might be helpful.

Thete's also Mozilla::Mechanize
(http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Mozilla::Mechanize) that uses
Gtk2::MozEmbed. But as you have found out it's impossible to use the
Mozilla widget without having it added into a window.

You can also try Gtk2::WebKit
(http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Gtk2::WebKit) although I think that
the current wrapper is lacking the accessors for the DOM.

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez