Re: non-gui usage of Gtk2::MozEmbed

Hi.

I'm guessing now, but what happens if you call realize method on your
embed object?

2008/12/10 Nickolay Platonov <nickolay8 gmail com>:
Hello,

Can someone please advise me on Gtk2::MozEmbed - can I use it in
"standalone" way, without adding to window?
I'm experimenting with simpliest case, like here:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Glib qw(TRUE FALSE);
use Gtk2 -init;
use Gtk2::MozEmbed '0.04';
use Mozilla::DOM '0.18';   # for NSHTMLElement

my $embed = Gtk2::MozEmbed->new();

$embed->signal_connect(net_stop => sub {

    print "Callback called";
    Gtk2->main_quit;
    return FALSE;
});

$embed->load_url("http://ya.ru";);

print "Starting mainloop\n";

Gtk2->main();

and it seems the callback is never get called, meanwhile this variant works:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Glib qw(TRUE FALSE);
use Gtk2 -init;
use Gtk2::MozEmbed '0.04';
use Mozilla::DOM '0.18';   # for NSHTMLElement

my $window = Gtk2::Window->new ('toplevel');
my $embed = Gtk2::MozEmbed->new();

$embed->signal_connect(net_stop => sub {
      print "Callback called";
    Gtk2->main_quit;
    return FALSE;
});

$embed->load_url("http://ya.ru";);

print "Starting mainloop\n";

$window->add($embed);
$window->show_all;

Gtk2->main();

I'm trying to create a server-side rendering service for search-engines
spiders, which cannot execute javascript. And I need to somehow extract
innerHTML of the page (including html produced by JavaScript) in "non-gui"
way, in the web-application's controller.

Best regards, Nickolay