Re: how to encrypt a perl source code

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 03:08:48PM +0200, Giuliano Cioffi wrote:
u guys can please provide a complete example of how to encrypt a code and
want them.  But I suspect your quest to encrypt perl will fail
for multiple reasons.

  I've seen some stuff for PHP which takes the bytecode and encrypts
it. I guess that, with Perl, one could simply "compile" (perlcc) the
scripts/modules... That alone would make reverse engineering non
trivial. (some philosophical issues arise, and this thread is OT :) )

It will only give the illusion of hiding the code.  In reality,
the best you can do is slow people down.  Persistent attackers
will definitely find a way to get the code out.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
85 jumps, 36.0 minutes of freefall, 69.1 freefall miles.