Repacking a table

Hi!

I have an image packed inside an event box. The event box is packed 3
rows by 3 columns times in a table, each with its own unique image.

I'm trying to update the items packed in the table but I'm not sure I
understand how to do it. I was trying to destroy everything in the
table and then loop over my new images and then call attach to rebuild
the table with new the images. For various reasons in my design,  I
can not just simply keep the images and just replace their pixbuffers
to update the content of the table.

My question is, is it possible to repack after the main event loop has
been started? I seems to be able to destroy items, but not add table
items once the program is running?

When I destroy an item with children, does GTK2 remove the children
and free up the memory they allocated?

cheers
johan