Re: Subclasses, tied hashes, {get,set}_property, undefined values

On Nov 18, 2007, at 3:05 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

So, does this make sense?  Is the benchmark sound, or are there cases
which are slowed down measurably by this patch?  Is the
name gperl_sv_defined good, or are there better alternatives?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure Gtk2 and friends contain lots more places where this would be necessary... I'm not really concerned by how much this might slow things down, because any performance gain we were getting was based on not doing everything we should've been doing.

gperl_sv_defined() should be okay.

Since you added it to gperl.h, be sure to add gperl_sv_defined to the exports list, or there will be a bug report about the windows build. ;-)

--
The one difference between Dali and a crazy man is very simple: Dali is not crazy at all.
  -- Salvador Dali