Re: Compiling Glib.pm

On May 25, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Turd Turtle wrote:

How do I solve this error? Should I just roll back to a super early version of the c version glib that doesn't have gbookmarkfile.h ? this seems to be the header causing the incompability problem..

Are you sure that the glib headers you're picking up match the glib libraries you're getting?

The gtk2-perl policy on version compatibility is to build in support for whatever is available at compile time, which means whatever headers we pick up. That is guaranteed to work with a library object of that version or newer (thanks to gnome's ABI stability policy).

It sounds like you're picking up a newer version via your pkg-config path than you're linking with.

Hints:

- The header include paths come from "pkg-config --cflags gobject-2.0"
- The link paths come from "pkg-config --libs gobject-2.0"
- When you attempt to *run*, you get what is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If the directory listed in the output of pkg-config --libs is not in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or /etc/ld.so.conf), then you will have to manipulate your environment by hand. - If you're not doing anything special or abnormal, then your system is misconfigured.

--
It's all very complicated and would take a scientist to explain it.
  -- MST3K