Re: Glib-1.144 compile error

On 16/03/07, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/caehome/ra28145/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

The difference between glib-2.0 and cairo is that the glib-2.0 and
cairo libraries are in /caehome/ra28145/lib/pkgconfig and the
freetype2 library is in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.

What is it about the environment in perl that means that the full
PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not respected, unlike from bash, where everything
is OK?

If I make PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR the same as PKG_CONFIG_PATH (i.e. with
both components of the path), then the problem is solved, and I can
compile the bindings.

Sorry to take up your bandwidth.

Jeff