inheritance?

Hi,

I've written some Glib objects here for a project at work, and done the
perl bindings. That much works.

Some of the objects inherit methods from other objects as well, and perl
understands this; when I call a method of one of the superclasses from
within perl, the correct method gets called. So far so good.

The main reason I wrote perl bindings for these business objects is so
that I could easily use them in a CGI script. One of the things I often
have to do is convert a list of objects to something that can be shown
in a list in the CGI script. Since this is done the same way for all my
objects, I'm creating a method at the parent class. Also, since this is
pretty perl-specific, I'm doing this in perl rather than in C.

However, this is where it fails; I can't seem to tell perl that it needs
to inherit the method which I created, even though there is an
inheritance link.

Any hint what I'm missing?

--
Wouter Verhelst