Re: Gnome2 panels or GTK2 samples?

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 14:40 +0100, Ward, Martin wrote:
Hi all,

I am running Gnome Panel 2.6.1 and wish to write a small applet that
will run inside it. I have found examples of applets for the Gnome/GTK
libraries but not for GTK2.

I looked in to the possibility of converting the applet from GTK to
GTK2 but fell at the first hurdle when I couldn't find any
AppletWidget or Gnome2::Panel classes.

The Gnome2::PanelApplet bindings are in CVS but they are not maintained
and did not work at the time I wrote them - and I couldn't not
understand why. if you want, you can check them out and see if they
started working by themselves (for a change in the libpanel-applet
library) or if you can make them work. :-)

Does anyone have any examples, preferably in Perl, of Perl2 code that
uses Panels? Failing that can you suggest where I might look for
information on Panels in Gnome2?

sure:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/panel-applet/index.html

this is the API reference for the libpanel-applet C library.

  http://www.davyd.id.au/articles/debugging-gnome-applets.shtml

this is a useful text on how to debug the panel applets.

  http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-applets/trunk/

this is the source code for the GNOME applets package.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,