Re: RE : Re: What about Gtk2::Ex in gtk2-perl ?

hi;

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 21:37 -0500, Zurd wrote:

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 07:26 -0500, Zurd wrote:
I find the Gtk2::Ex::Simple::* very powerful and I don't
like the idea of having to install all of them one by
one.

then create a Gtk2::Ex::Bundle, depending on all the modules under the
Gtk2::Ex namespace you deem stable and/or fitting enough for a bundle.

I see.  My problem is that I don't want any other dependencies that
my software has to install, so even if I create a bundle it's still something
my users will have to install.

I really don't see the issue.

you can package various modules inside your own application and then
install them in the proper location (system-wide) or inside your own
libdir and then point your application to it with:

  use lib '/path/to/your/lib';

if you have a "Gtk2/Ex/Simple::List.pm" under '/path/to/your/lib' then
perl will pick it up, so you don't have to use "require".

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com