Re: What about Gtk2::Ex in gtk2-perl ?

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 07:26 -0500, Zurd wrote:
Hi, is there any plan to include all the Gtk2::Ex::*
right into gtk2-perl?

why?  the Gtk2::Ex namespace has been reserved for the external and
pure-perl modules based on the gtk2-perl bindings, so it makes sense -
if a bundle is to be created - that it should be shipped and installed
*aside* from gtk2-perl and not *by* gtk2-perl.

I find the Gtk2::Ex::Simple::* very powerful and I don't
like the idea of having to install all of them one by
one.

then create a Gtk2::Ex::Bundle, depending on all the modules under the
Gtk2::Ex namespace you deem stable and/or fitting enough for a bundle.

Plus they seems stable enough to be part of gtk2-perl as
far as I know.  After all, Gtk2::SimpleList and Gtk2::SimpleMenu
are already there.

the Simple* modules were moved to the Gtk2::Ex namespace in order to
deprecate the Gtk2::Simple* modules and remove them from the gtk2-perl
distribution itself.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--