Re: Run menu action in background

On 1/11/07, Nik Ogura <nogura uma-mn com> wrote:
>If your subroutine is basicaly just a loop then you can generally get
>away with adding
>
>    Gtk2->main_iteration while Gtk2->events_pending;

That did it for me.  Thanks.

Where do I find the documentation for those functions?  What is it
listed under?  I want to know where to look in the future.

--

-Nik

I can't remember where exactly I learned that trick, but I do remember
when: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2002-March/msg00023.html.
My only suggestion is to keep asking things in the mail list and
reading the docs at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/ and
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/.  And be read I mean look at
each function available for every class and try to figure out why it
exists.  Almost every function is there because you will need it at
some point.  That and to always create a simplified test case were the
lessons I learned that day.