Re: Setting a RadioItem created with ItemFactory
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Setting a RadioItem created with ItemFactory
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:39:30 +0000
On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 21:09 -0500, muppet wrote:
* You're using spaces for indention whereas the surrounding code uses
tabs. Thus, at least with a tab width of 8, the code doesn't line up.
Experience has shown that you should never alter the size of a tab,
but instead tell your editor how many spaces move when you hit tab.
For vim, that's
/* vim: set expandtab shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4 : */
to set 4-space indent without changing the size of a hardware tab.
for the time being, and to avoid a whitespace-only fix commit, I've
fixed the patch to go with 8 spaces tabs, and I committed it as such.
it would be best to add a modeline to all the pure perl modules, so that
everyone working on them would conform to the same coding style. :-)
Emmanuele Bassi, E: ebassi gmail com
] [Thread Prev