Re: g_idle_add causing segfault from thread on exit.

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:57:10 -0500
muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

# make sure we don't double-free the C objects.  see discussion.

Glib::Object->set_threadsafe (TRUE);

With that change, your program works fine for me.

(That said, when i tried to switch my environment to use a version of
gtk+ with debugging symbols so i could debug the crash, i didn't see
the crash even without the set_threadsafe() call.  Very bizarre.  YMMV.)

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
  -- Simon Cozens

Thanks muppet, it fixes it; and double thanks for the clear lesson
on why.

BTW, why do you use a tagline that claims that you don't exist.
Reduce your workload?  :-)

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html