Re: Gtk2 dmake test hangs

On Dec 30, 2007, at 12:58 PM, rahed wrote:

GtkAction,GtkActionGroup,GtkBin,GtkCellRenderer,GtkMisc tests render for
instance:
Something is very broken, couldn't lazy load Gtk2::Action at
C:/perl5-10/site/lib/Glib.pm line 207.

which is probably very bad. Nevertheless Gtk2 got installed.
But when building Gtk2::GladeXML I get:

GladeXML.o:GladeXML.c:(.text+0xc70): undefined reference to
`gtk2perl_new_gtkobject'

GladeXML.o:GladeXML.c:(.text+0xe72): undefined
reference to `gtk2perl_new_gtkobject'

What misses for building Gtk2::GladeXML?

Win32 requires that all symbol references be defined at link time, unlike most unixen. Perl's build infrastructure doesn't really account for this, so we wind up hacking the makefiles (or Makefile.PLs) by hand to search for the previous extensions' dlls to add to the link line. You need to find Gtk2.dll in the perl library tree and add it to the link line for GladeXML.dll. (Or, if it's already there, then we need an extra EXPORT line in Gtk2...)

--
The one difference between Dali and a crazy man is very simple: Dali is not crazy at all.
  -- Salvador Dali