Re: GtkCellLayout interface

On Dec 30, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 03:23 -0500, muppet wrote:

...like this.  The patch is smaller than the example code, which is
lifted from GtkCellView in gtk+ HEAD.

And here's an updated patch that implements the callback handling for
SET_SELL_DATA_FUNC, adds a unit test, and fixes a few small issues (like
using boolSV instead of newSViv for gbooleans, and fixing the return
stack handling in GET_CELLS).

Very nice.  Yeesh, i didn't realize how sloppy my patch was.  :-)

To atone for my lack of late-night vigilance, here's an updated version of your patch, adding:

- A crapton of docs -- function descriptions adapted from upstream, and explanation of how to implement the iface

- Die if mandatory methods are not found (GtkCellLayout will crash if you omit a method; this makes perl die() if you don't have a method it's looking for, to help you in development)

- Honor the bit in the docs that says set_attributes() clears the previous attributes

- Honor the bit in the docs that says set_cell_data_func() can get a NULL pointer to clear the previous callback (with test updates)

elysse:  You dance better than some.
me:  "Some" what?
elysse:  Some asparagus.