Re: GtkGC shared auto-release

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 10:08 +1100, Kevin Ryde wrote:

How about calling the package Gtk2::Ex::GCPool or similar?

That could be ok.

That is, have Gtk2::Ex::GCPool->get bless the gc
into Gtk2::Ex::GCPool::CustomGC and put the @ISA mangling and DESTROY in
that package.

That'd make live easier for further subclassing would it?

Hmm, I'm not sure anymore.  When I made the Gtk2::Ex::GCPool suggestion,
I was thinking that the thing that you call get() on and the thing that
is returned from get() are different conceptually.  But if you think of
get() as a constructor, that's not true.

So my current thinking is that the most sensible name would be
Gtk2::Ex::SharedGC.  Or maybe some name that conveys the automatic
releasing done.  Gtk2::GC itself already offers shared GCs, so there
ought to be something better than SharedGC.

The code would otherwise be identical to what you originally posted.

--
Bye,
-Torsten