Re: [PATCH] Re: Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf::render_pixmap_and_mask leaks X memory ?
- From: squentin <squentin free fr>
- To: zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net>
- Cc: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf::render_pixmap_and_mask leaks X memory ?
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:50:47 +0200
On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 16:53 -0400, zentara wrote:
Hi, I just tried this on my linux system (without patch applied), and it didn't gain memory
as it ran ( it held steady at 1.2 %).
I think you missed the 'X' in 'X memory', Gtk2::Gdk::Pixmap and
Gtk2::Ggk::Bitmap are server-side so the fact that they are not freed
mainly affect the X server memory.
HOWEVER, after about 2 minutes, it locked up my X server.
And as X's memory grow, there is no memory left, the system becomes
_very_ _slow_ as all the system does is swapping memory to disk and
back. And eventually, I think the kernel choose to kill the process that
is using the most memory when there is really no memory left.
That's why I said "don't let it grow too much" :) , I should have been
][Date Next] [Thread Prev