Building on Windows with MSVC

I've succesfully compiled the gtk2 perl modules on MinGW and MSYS. I'm now trying to build them with MSVC 7.1. I'm running into problems because I'm now using the native windows command prompt where even running simple Perl one liners seems to be a problem, i.e.,

perl -e 'print "hello world\n"'

does not work. Since the Makefile uses a lot of these one liners, my "make install" fails. I wonder why http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/win32/howto_build_gtk2perl_win32.html does not mention this. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma