Re: Where to begin with creating a tree?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:06:58 +0100
Matthew King <matthew king monnsta net> wrote:

Vulpes Velox <v velox vvelox net> writes:

Any one know of a perl script that use these or the like?

I am having a hard time figuring out to begin while reading
Gtk2::TreeView.

I can sympathise with you here. Finding out information about
TreeView is ... difficult.

My fairly simple (because it's unfinished) implementation is about
170 lines of code, and that's just to set it up.

Here is tho code I was playing around with while it grew:

http://www.time-net.co.uk/tinkey.tar.gz

If you want to see it in use you'll have to install Sleepycat's
DBDXML. I cannot say this code is good (the DBD stuff especially)
but I will say it works.

To figure out the tree stuff I had to look at code and
documentation for just about every language Gtk has an API for.
Perhaps if I have time later I can flesh out the official docs on
this beast.

I can't seem to pull this up.