Re: signal_connect doesn't work on win32 gtk/perl

wout clymans wrote:
muppet wrote:

wout clymans wrote:

the error message:
Can't locate object method "signal_connect" via package "Gtk2::Button"
at script.pl line 10

This sounds very similar to a bug caused by changes to GLib recently, and
resolved in the last stable series.  What versions of glib, gtk+, Glib, and
Gtk2 are you using

I am using gtk2-runtime-2.8.17
perl version 5.8.6

and then i installed glib and gtk2 like this:
ppm install http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/win32/ppm/Glib.ppd
ppm install http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/win32/ppm/Gtk2.ppd

Those both say 1.100.  (Load the ppd in your web browser as text, it lists the
filename of the archive, which has the version number in it.)

glib / gtk+ introduced GInitiallyUnowned to the hierarchy of GtkObject in gtk+
2.8, which broke the perl bindings.  We fixed that with Glib/Gtk2 1.120.

Looks like we need new win32 binaries.  Anyone?

Until you can get an upgrade, a workaround is to add something like this to
your Gtk2.pm:

   push @Gtk2::Object::ISA, 'Glib::Object';

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>