Re: Showing http links in gtk-perl

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 17:23 -0400, muppet wrote:
Mike Martin wrote:
Is it possibe to show a clickable http link using only gtk-perl?

All I have been able to find is something using gnome.

gtk+ 2.10 will add GtkLinkButton, but 2.10 is still a ways off.  We have
support ready for that new widget (not sure if it's in CVS yet),

It's in CVS.

but it has not been released.

Just for the record^Warchives, a LinkButton can be "emulated" pretty
much with a Gtk2::Button, enabling the markup on its label.  Which is
how the LinkButton is implemented anyway. ;-)

GtkLinkButton simply fires a hook when the user activates the link; the
application developer is responsible for ensuring that the url hook actually
does the right thing.

The main selling point of the LinkButton is that the hook is set once
for every LinkButton inside an application - much like you can set the
url and email hook for the Gtk2::AboutDialog widget.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>