Re: TreeModelFilter issues

On Jun 2, 2006, at 8:01 PM, ofey aikon wrote:

My trouble is with check-marking a particular row after any kind of
filtering has been applied. Before filtering, the check-marking works
fine. After filtering, clicking on the check-box doesn't put a
tick-mark into the particular check-box on that row. Sometimes it puts
a checkmark on another row.

SimpleList doesn't know about child models, so it doesn't know that it needs to translate paths and iters from the TreeView through the filter to get to child model paths and iters. I don't really think there's a way that such support could be added without undue complexity and evil tricks like checking for specific class names.

So, you'd probably be best just using a plain TreeView, and possibly Gtk2::Ex::Simple::TiedList.

--
This naturally lead to a proliferation of code that was so complex that you had to put a drip pan under your computer to catch the pieces as the compiler melted down.
  - Pete Becker, on C++ templates