TextView - access to the popup menu?

Hi all,

I've looked through the archives/FAQ and was kind of surprised this hasn't come up (either this just isn't done or I'm missing something really simple). I want to alter the right-click menu for a TextView, but I don't know how to access it.

I looked through the gtk2 source and found references to 'popup_menu', but calls to $text->popup_menu, $text->get_popup_menu, $text->popupmenu and $text->menu (amongst others I tried) came back with an unknown method error.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am missing something simple as I'm just learning - I'm used to perl/Tk - but adding extra things to the menu like Undo, Redo, Wrap->[None, Word, Character] is something I need to do as they are in my existing perl/Tk apps and my users have kind of gotten used to them :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta,
MB