Re: Form manager

Jörn Reder wrote:

That's very similar to what Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory does. You can take a look at the documentation here:

 http://www.exit1.org/Gtk2-Ex-FormFactory/

Basic principle is to declare the data model resp. the objects of your application, build your dialogs out of several widgets and bind the object's attributes to these widgets. All changes made to the widgets are passed to the underlying objects, and vice versa you can update the GUI by a single method call to be in sync with your data. Additionally it manages sensivity of widgets, automatically updates dependent widgets
and much more.

I looked at that module before and I got the feeling that it is intended as an alternative interface for the Gtk2 widgets. You still need to design a layout in terms of the widgets from the Gtk2 namespace and it looks like it is intended to design the complete interface instead of just a form (I'm thinking of a "form" in terms of something like a "form element in a webpage).

What I'm looking for is not an alternative way of writing my application, it's fine with me to deal directly with the Gtk2 objects - I just want to have an abstraction layer for my hash with preferences. It's not clear to me how Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory is similar to the module I intend to write.

I do not mean to start a flame about this, but correct me if I'm wrong.

-- Jaap <pardus cpan>