Can a popup catch keys?

Hi,
I've been trying to figure out the way popup's and eventbox's
handle keys.

It seems that an eventbox in a popup will just pass the key signals
onto the controlling terminal.
Is there a way to make the popup catch the 'q' ?

Furthermore, if I don't catch the mouse button signals, a click
will be transparent and invoke my window manager's menu
from the desktop when the window is a popup.

What are the tips, tricks, and secrets for popups?

Thanks.

http://zentara.net/japh.html