Gnome2::Canvas::Text question

Hello everybody,

The pango documentation indicates that there is a way to have it automatically "ellipsize" text. That is, having an ellipsis (...) placed at the end of a visible portion of a text string if the string won't entirely fit in the layout. "Cool", I thought, "now I can rip out the ellipsis code from my app and use Pango!".

The problem is that I can't figure out how to use this ellipsis feature with a Gnome2::Canvas::Text item. Is it possible to make a Gnome2::Canvas::Text item use the pango ellipsis feature? Any examples on how to do this?

-James