Re: Line too long on windows with msys

Vincent LADEUIL said:
Questions :

- can we put  all the object filenames into a  file and give that
  to g++ ?

I think what you're really after is "can i specify the list of object files in
a linker script?"  and i don't know the answer to that, although i suspect it
is possible.

- can we create intermediate libraries and give them to the final
  link stage ?

I have not tried doing this, and i'm not sure what would actually happen if
creating static archives and linking those into a dll.  It should be fairly
straightforward to use "ar -ru" on each object file as it is made to simulate
incremental linking.  Getting such a scheme to work portably with a generated
makefile is a different issue, but we'll tackle that one iff you can prove
that it would work.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>