Re: cairo documentation

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 16:31 -0400, James Muir wrote:

There does not appear to be any perl specific documentation in
Cairo-0.92, so I assume the documentation to use is that at
http://cairographics.org/documentation . Is this correct?

Well, there's the (partial) API listing in `perldoc Cairo`, but that's
just a summary of the docs on the site you mention.  So yeah, for
descriptions of what methods do, the C docs are best.

I am interested in exploring the issues having to do with creating a
canvas using the perl bindings to Cairo, in particular with the Xlib
surface. Does anybody know of other useful documentation?

I'm not sure what you want to do.  If you want to create a new canvas on
top of cairo, maybe it's better to join one of the existing efforts?
Some of them are listed on the bottom of
<http://www.cairographics.org/examples>.

If you want access to the xlib glue inside cairo, then the Perl bindings
will not be of much help.  Those bits are not wrapped since there seems
to be no way to make use of them in Perl.

--
Bye,
-Torsten