Fwd: building glib on win32 MSVC6

Trully sorry, forgot again that "reply" for gmail has different
meanings than my mutt. Forwarding.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: zgrim <zzgrim gmail com>
Date: Aug 21, 2006 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: building glib on win32 MSVC6
To: Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de>

On 8/19/06, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Does this work for you, i.e., do the tests pass?  Mario's findings
suggest that it doesn't work reliably.

 No, indeed the tests do fail with that code. I don't want to be
misunderstood though, my C is very weak ( i can pretty much understand
clear code, but that's it, read-only, i have almost no writing
exercise with it ). If I knew better i would've - of course -
submitted a patch. My mail basically said "i can confirm strtoll does
not work on windows with msvc, so i propose using atoi64 or strtoi64
with a macro conditional based on compiler version (msvc6 - atoi ;
msvc7 and newer - strtoi ; mingw - no change, strtoll)". Sorry if the
code I inlined there does not pass the tests, it was just a "would
something like this work?" proposal. :)
 I haven't had the time yet to check things further, I'll give it a
shot with mingw and msvc7 asap, and return here my findings, if they
prove relevant.
 Thanks again.

--
perl -MLWP::Simple -e'print$_[rand(split(q|%%\n|,
get(q=http://cpan.org/misc/japh=)))]'