Re: Widget Alignment

On Aug 9, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Ratcliffe, Jeffrey (Peters) wrote:

*  Explicitly set the internal alignment of the labels for left, like
"$labeld->set_alignment(0.0, 0.5)". This doesn't change the amount of leftover space, so you may want also to pack the labels with expand and
fill
false, but the comboboxes with expand and fill true.

I assume that this is dangerous, because although it might look OK, for instance, in Ubuntu, it might be different in Fedora Core. Or don't styles/themes affect things?

Themes affect the font size and color and sometimes widget spacing, but they shouldn't affect alignment.

*  Use SizeGroups to ensure things line up.

Would you point me at the documentation for this, please.

All that i know of is at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ GtkSizeGroup.html

--
"Quit hittin' yourself!  Quit hittin' yourself!"
   -- Elysse, playing with a newborn baby.