Re: Entry / TextBuffer that does not listen to accelerators?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 14:51:40 +0200, Stephan Brunner wrote:
Hi all,

I'd thought this is a common problem, but didn't find a solution in the docs
or via google:

In  my application, I would like to have some "fast and simple" accelerators
like <u> or <delete>. On the other hand, I have some Gtk2::Entry and
Gtk2::TextBuffer for text editing. Of course, I still do want to be able to
insert 'u' in those...

It should work. Out of the box. Have you _tried_ it?

The reason this should work is, that the active widget gets the input.
If the widget does not handle it, it passes it on to it's parent. And so
on up to the window, which handles the accels.

Is there any way to give the Entry / TextBuffer a higher "priority" than the
accels, so that (while editing text) <u> inserts a 'u' and doesn't fire up
the associated action? Something like $widget->set_listen_to_accels(FALSE)?

Maybe it would work (didn't try yet) to have a key_press_event-callback for
the text widgets that manually inserts a 'u' (and all the other accelerated
chars), but that doesn't look like a elegant solution...

It would work iff it is not necessary. The widget itself does the
insertion in a key-press-event callback.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>